The cost of boarding a dog can vary widely depending on a number of factors, including the location, the type of boarding facility, and the duration of the stay. In general, you can expect to pay anywhere from $20 to $100 per night for dog boarding.
Some factors that may affect the cost of dog boarding include:
- Location: Boarding costs tend to be higher in urban areas or tourist destinations, as demand for pet care services is typically higher in these areas.
- Type of facility: Boarding costs can vary depending on the type of facility you choose. For example, boarding at a traditional kennel may be less expensive than boarding at a luxury pet resort, which may offer more amenities and luxury accommodations.
- Size of your dog: Cost of boarding often increases by size/weight. The larger the dog, the more boarding may cost.
- Duration of stay: The longer your dog stays in boarding, the more it will cost. Some facilities offer discounts for extended stays, so it’s worth inquiring about discounts if you will be away for an extended period of time.
- Services included: The cost of boarding may also vary depending on the services included. Some facilities may offer additional services such as grooming, training, or daily walks, which may increase the overall cost of boarding.
It’s important to shop around and compare prices at different facilities to find the best option for your budget and your dog’s needs. It’s also a good idea to read reviews, check ratings with your local Better Business Bureau, and ask for recommendations from friends or veterinarians to find a reputable and reliable boarding facility.